Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
Established : 1950
IIT Kharagpur was born in 1950 in Hijli, Kharagpur, in West Bengal. The present name ‘Indian Institute of Technology’ was adopted before the formal inauguration of the Institute in 1951. In 1956the govt. declared this Institute as an Institute of national importance. The Institute was also given the status of an autonomous University. In the year 1952, the department of Planning & Architecture was started. The consultancy & Research activities of the department range from government and large corporate clients in the country ranging from design of large townships, Urban Design, Metropolitan Planning etc.
|Undergraduate Degree Programmes||Postgraduate Degree Programmes||Doctoral Programmes|
|Master of City Planning||PhD in Planning|