Government Engineering College, Thrissur
Established : 1957
The Government Engineering College Thrissur is an engineering college situated in Thrissur city of Kerala, India. It is the second oldest engineering college established in Kerala and the first engineering college to be established after the formation of Kerala state. The college is affiliated to the University of Calicut.
The college was initially located at the Maharaja’s Technological Institute Chembukkavu campus in 1957. The foundation stone of the college was laid by the late Pandit Jawarharlal Nehru, the first Prime Minister of India, on 26 April 1958. The college shifted to its present campus in October 1960. The college was formally inaugurated by late Pattom A. Thanu Pillai, Chief Minister of Kerala on 2 February 1962. The campus is spread over an area of 70 acres (0.28 km2) and is located at Ramavarmapuram which is 5 km from the heart of Thrissur city and 6 km from Thrissur Railway station.
|Undergraduate Degree Programmes||Postgraduate Degree Programmes||Doctoral Programmes|
|M.Plan in Urban Planning (Architecture)|
Unit Council 2017
|Convention||Unit Coordinator||Unit Treasurer||Associate Editor||Unit Webmanager|
|XVIII convention (CityGram-online)||Nahlah Basheer||Rakhi Raveendranadh||Udhayakumar Nilambur|
|XVIIth convention (Abhyudaya) at COE Pune||Devika K C||Ajith Krishnan A G||Harisankar M|
|XVIth convention (Samavesh) at SPA Bhopal||Devika K C||Ajith Krishnan A G||Harisankar M||Arun Kumar S|