School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal.
Established : 2008
School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal is established by Government of India as an Institute of National importance, by an Act of Parliament in the year 2008.This school is committed to produce best Architects and Planners of the Nation to take up the challenges of physical and socio- environmental development of global standards. This will be developed as ‘University of imagination’, where a sense of enquiry will prevail amongst all stake holders- students, researchers, professors and society at large. School of Planning and Architecture will strive for social sustenance through universal design, cultural sustenance through conservation and environmental sustenance through the discipline of Architecture, Planning and Design.
The Institute strives to
- To create School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal as a centre of excellence for imparting quality education at undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral and post-doctoral levels in Planning and Architecture.
- To create national level research and development centre with special emphasis on research and consultancy work in the field of Planning and Architecture.
- To create national level research and database centre and decision support centre for the preparation and implementation of settlement and habitat development programme for the Government.
- To create the nodal centre for mentoring other architecture and spatial planning institutions in the central region.
- To create a cadre of high calibre faculty members who will be devoted to teaching, research and consultancy in all disciplines thatdeal with Planning and Architecture.
- To become socially responsible institution providing research feedback to the Government for physical development of human settlements.
School of Planning and Architecture offers doctoral degree in Architecture & Planning. The broad objectives of the Ph.D. programme is not only to keep pace with the expanding horizons of knowledge but also to provide research and training that has a relevance to the present needs of the society in relation to social, cultural and environmental sustenance. The Ph.D. degree is awarded in recognition of the high academic achievements, independent research generation and application of knowledge to the solutions that focus on issues relating to settlement and habitat development. The academic programme leading to the degree is broad based and involves a minimum course credit requirement and a research thesis. The school encourages research in interdisciplinary areas through a system of interdepartmental joint supervision. This provides excellent opportunities for interdisciplinary research. The presence of a strong research oriented faculty in the school provide excellent support for the doctoral programme.
|Undergraduate Degree Programmes||Postgraduate Degree Programmes||Doctoral Programmes|
|Bachelor of Architecture||Master of Planning in Environmental Planning|
|Bachelor of Planning||Master of Planning in Urban and Regional Planning|
|Master of Architecture in Architectural Conservation|
|Master of Urban Design|
|Master of Landscape Architecture|